1. Select your programme of interest
The most important step in the admission process is selecting the programme that is right for you. At this time CEITEC BUT offers one doctoral programme: Advanced Materials and Nanosciences. You could study either the Advanced Nanotechnologies and Microtechnologies or Advanced Materials.
2. Review admissions criteria, requirements, timelines and deadlines, submit a new application
The application itself is submitted via the electronic application: e-application. On the e-application webpage, you should submit a new e-application. If you are alumni or student at the BUT, you can use your BUT pin to create a new e-application. If you are not a student or alumni of BUT, you shall register as a candidate using your e-mail and password. After creating the new account you should fill in additional information, such as:
- personal details (e.g. name, surname, ID/passport number, date of birth, contact information)
- permanent residence (country of residence, permanent address)
- delivery address (if not the same as the previous one)
- previous study (high school details, university studies)
- theme of study (select the professor, dissertation thesis topic)
- payment method (only the payment for the application itself - related to an administration fee of 700 CZK/30€)
Check the information you filled in in the application once again, confirm (or change) your details and submit the application. You will obtain the confirmation e-mail. Read all the information and save the email for future communication.
- Pokyn č. 3/2022 PRAVIDLA PŘIJÍMACÍHO ŘÍZENÍ A PODMÍNKY PRO PŘIJETÍ KE STUDIU V DOKTORSKÉM STUDIJNÍM PROGRAMU „POKROČILÉ MATERIÁLY A NANOVĚDY“ PRO AKADEMICKÝ ROK 2023/2024 (Only in Czech)
3. Assemble your supporting documents
The specific documents you are required to submit are as follows:
- A resume/CV (e.g. Europass). Please attach your photo (because of identification)
- A letter of motivation (in a letter of ca. 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking doctoral study in your chosen field. Include your academic objectives, research interests and career plans. Also discuss your related qualifications, including collegiate, professional and community activities, and any other substantial accomplishments not already mentioned in the application)
- Bachelor’s and master’s diploma (if you have not finished your master’s education yet, you can submit your master’s certificate when you graduate), and the transcript of records
- At least two letters of recommendation (reference letters)
All the documents must be submitted in PDF format, in English language via e-application - column "Curriculum Vitae".
Tips for uploading/sending the documents:
- We prefer you to scan a copy of your official documents and upload the file to the specific application.
- Documents should be scanned at the lowest reasonable resolution which is still readable. We recommend using under 200 dpi.
- Colour copies are not necessary. Scanning in black and white or grey scale is strongly recommended.
- Please do not upload certified, encrypted, or password-protected files.
- Your scanned copy must be printable on A4 paper (or its equivalent).
You are obliged to send those documents via e-application. If there is a problem uploading all documents via e-application, in the column "Curriculum Vitae", send it via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject, please provide your Name and Surname (e.g. John Smith).
4. Review your admission status and follow the instructions
Please double check that you submitted the application and that you obtained the confirmation letter (a confirmation e-mail). Follow all the instructions you receive via e-mail or ordinary mail.
The academic year 2023/2024
Each applicant is required to attend the interview. The admission committee is composed from at least 3 people who will interview the applicant. All of them are research group leaders, senior researchers or potential supervisors. The interview consists of the following parts. Questions regarding:
- The field of study (0-30 p., threshold 20 points);
- Potential to Ph.D.dy PhD programme (0-20 p., threshold 13 points);
- Existing professional and research activities (0-25 p., threshold 13 points);
- English language proficiency verification (0-25 p., threshold 13 points).
The exam is passed by the candidate who gets at least 70 points out of a possible 100, while scoring of each area shall not be less than the minimum (thresholds). A maximum of 30 candidates may be accepted. Should more candidates meet the above-mentioned conditions, the ranking (by points) decides.
You will be informed about the results no later than 30 days after the date of the interview.
6. Other information
Medical insurance info: https://frs.gov.cz/en/forms-and-documents/documents/medical-insurance/