Information for applicants
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS FROM UKRAINE
If you are interested in studying in the doctoral study programme at CEITEC BUT, you can find all the important information here: HELP RELATED TO THE CONFLICT IN UKRAINE.
Applicants for studies at BUT who have been granted temporary protection in the Czech Republic in connection with the conflict in Ukraine have been exempted from the application fee and the assessment fee for previous foreign education since 28 March 2022.
Зацікавлені у навчанні на VUT, яким надано тимчасовий захист у Чеській Республіці у зв’язку зі збройним конфліктом в Україні, з 28 березня 2022 року звільнені від збору за подання заяви та збору за процедуру щодо визнання освіти, отриманої за кордоном.
Applicants who wish to pursue a degree in the CEITEC PhD programme must hold the equivalent of a Czech master's degree (Ing., Mgr.) from an institution of recognized standing. Applicants from institutions outside of the Czech Republic must hold the equivalent of a Czech master’s degree (e.g. MSc.) from institutions of recognized standing (four or five-year undergraduate degree). Only the master´s study programme graduates from the same or similar study programmes can apply for this study programme.
This section provides basic information about the procedures required for recognition of foreign education, which is necessary to become a student in the Czech Republic in the case that the applicant’s degree has been awarded in a country outside of the European Union. You will find here the basic steps to be taken in order to successfully pass the recognition process.
Request for recognition of education abroad
The graduate of a bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programme at a foreign university should submit a written application for recognition of a diploma directly to the University, not to faculties or university institutes. The address for submission is:
Brno University of Technology - Rectorate
601 90 Brno
Contact person for recognition and similar issues is:
Mrs. Michaela Fojtová
Head of Student Affairs Office, Rector´s Office
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +420 541 145 243
The written application must include:
- First and family name of the graduate at the foreign university
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent address
- Postal address
- Name and address of the foreign university
- Name of the programme and field of study
- Date of beginning and closure of studies
- Date of the submission and the signature of the graduate of the foreign university (in the case that the application is submitted by the graduate’s representative, one needs to submit it with the approved power of attorney),
- Purpose of the recognition the applicant demands
Required enclosures of the application (point D.4 - application form) are:
- Original or approved copy of the university diploma, examination certificate or similar proof of the completion of studies issued by a foreign university
- Original or approved copy of the diploma supplement, possibly an original or approved copy of the transcript of records
- Official translations of both proofs into the Czech language (in the case that the proofs are written in English, translations will not be required)
- Written power of attorney in the case that a person other than the graduate himself is applying
- The decision of the recognition of the state of a refugee in the case that an applicant is a person whom this state has recognized
- Confirmation of payment of 3000,-CZK
Verification of the authenticity of the signature and stamps on the original document
Diplomas and certificates of the closure of studies, issued in remaining countries, must be verified in accord with Section 90, Act No. 111/1998 Series on Higher Education Institutions. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the relevant country where the foreign university has its seat or relevant foreign authority and relevant representative authority of the Czech Republic in a country where the foreign university has its seat must verify the authenticity of signatures and stamps on the original documents.
The verification procedure can be divided, according to the existing international treaties and regulation. For detailed information concerning your diploma, please, contact the responsible person at the BUT Rector´s office – Student Affairs Office, Mrs. Michaela Fojtová, email@example.com , phone: +420 541 145 243.
For detailed information regarding the recognition of foreign education, please visit following website - Recognition of foreign education.